The Water Research Laboratory is able to offer clients a complete service in the design of monitoring programs, data capture systems and data management for hydrologic, groundwater, river, estuarine, oceanographic and environmental applications. Applications include real time monitoring systems for flood warning, storm warning, waste discharge, predictive modelling and hindcasting.
Capabilities include the design and development of systems to monitor water level, rainfall, river discharge, tidal currents, ocean currents, water quality, littoral drift, sedimentation, waves and wind. A variety of techniques which include remote sensing, isotope and dye tracers, electromagnetic current meters, acoustic doppler meters, tipping buckets, pressure transducers, anemometers, water quality instrumentation and solid state loggers.
Consulting advice is also offered on data management and decision support techniques using GIS and bathymetric and topographic surveying.
As WRL is continually interpreting and using data, we are able to design data collection programs that gather information relevant and useful for each study. WRL has no affiliations with any instrumentation companies and is therefore able to offer independent advice on data capture, monitoring programs and data management systems.
Examples of equipment and recent studies are provided below.
- ARGUS Coastal Imaging
- Groundwater Field Equipment
- Hydrology Equipment
- Oceanographical Equipment
- Survey Equipment
- Telemetry for Rainfall Stations
- Burwood Beach Ocean Outfall
- Collaroy-Narrabeen Coastal Monitoring
- Feasibility Assessment for Managed Aquifer Recharge – Joynton Avenue Re-Development Site
- Groundwater Mapping and Transition Zones, Namoi Catchment
- Groundwater Monitoring and Evaluation and Grower Survey, Namoi Catchment
- Hat Head Effluent Groundwater Monitoring Program
- Hydrogeological Investigation of the Fate of Salt Mobilised Under Dryland Cropping on the Cryon Plain, North Western NSW
- Illawarra Ocean Outfall Trial Studies
- Iluka Aquifer Injection Scheme
- Lakes Beach Desalination Plant Groundwater Investigations
- Mallowa Creek Surface Water Investigations
- Narrabeen Lagoon Entrance Study
- Potential Impacts of Effluent Re-Use on Groundwater at Tamworth
- Pre-Feasibility Assessment of Managed Aquifer Recharge in the Botany Aquifer
- Yamba/Iluka Ebb Tide Release Detailed Concept Design