Position vacant at the Water Research Centre - Lecturer Level B
The Water Research Centre (WRC) has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to join the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
About the role:
- $103K - $121K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed term 36 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The lecturer will conduct independent research and deliver excellent teaching in the area of water engineering and management in collaboration with the Nuisance and Harmful Algae Science-Practice Partnership with Melbourne Water.
About the successful applicant:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD or equivalent in civil/environmental engineering, chemical engineering or related area.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high international impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Experience in successfully recruiting and supervising high calibre students, or delivery of industry projects.
- A track record of involvement with the profession and/or industry.
- High level communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
For more information, and to apply, please visit: Jobs at UNSW.
Applications close: 2 May 2018.